Every year the Rotaract Committee of S.P.I.T. flags off the year by conducting a formal Installation. The event marks the handing over of the baton by the previous Core Committee to the incoming Core Committee. In presence of the Dignitaries of the Rotary Club of Bombay, Juhu the new committee officially accept their responsibilities.
On 30th September 2019, Rotaract Committee of SPIT had its Installation ceremony. This year’s event was graced by Dignitaries like Chief guest Rtr. Kushal Bhuva, District Rotaract Representative, RID 3141, Guest of Honour, Rtn. Narinder Madan, President of the Rotary Club of Bombay Juhu and the Club Mentor, the very own Dr. Surendra Singh Rathod.
The meeting started with a brief overview of RC S.P.I.T.’s work over the last year. Which was followed by a much deserved felicitation of Core team for the past year. The team consisted of President Rtr. Urvee Chaudhari, Secretary Rtr. Siddhesh Jadhav, Vice President Rtr. Vedant Sapte and the rest of the team.
Urvee Chaudhari, the Outgoing President addressed the audience and talked about Rotaract’s journey and thanked everyone who was part of it after which, she collared Rtr. Vedant Sapte, the incoming president for this year and handed over the charter, gavel and gong.
The meeting was then addressed by Vedant Sapte. He inspired his whole team to work hard and laid the foundation for a power-packed coming year. Then the official theme for this year, ‘Slow the Flow ‘ was unveiled.
Soon after, the Office bearers for this year were introduced. They are
- Club Secretary and Treasurer- Rtr. Atharvai Malhar
- Vice President- Rtr. Priyam Majithiya
- Joint Secretary- Rtr. Darsh Mehta
- Director of Club and Community Service- Rtr. Param Deshpande,
- acting Sergeant at Arms
- Director of International Service – Rtr. Jahnvi Shah
- Director of Professional Development – Rtr. Shivangi Kochrekar
- Director of Public Relations – Rtr. Pratik Mane
- Director of Creative Developement – Rtr. Rajat Naoghare
- Director of Marketing – Rtr. Jainam Jain
- Director of Digital Communication – Rtr. Ojasa Chitre
Following this, the esteemed guest Rtr. Narinder Madan, Rtr. Kushal Bhuva and Prof. Surendra Rathod inspired everyone by their wise words.
Rtr. Shivangi Kochrekar gave a vote of thanks and the meeting was adjured by Rtr. Vedant. This evening marked the commencement of a brand new year for RC S.P.I.T..